Thursday, March 25, 2010

Killer Coke


I totally forgot to show you this picture....I was in Veracruz the past weekend at a friend's house and all the sudden I found myself in this situation....and I had to take a picture of it....it is a perfect example of how Killer Coca-Cola has its strong-hold on Mexico and the rest of Latin America. Traditional Mexican drinks such as pulque or tejate are being replaced by Coke. Many people never drink water, but consume their Coke daily (I'm not making this up, there was a special news story on this a few months back). Coca-Cola is as Mexican as the Virgen de Guadalupe (which is another great topic to blog about, I'll get on that). This is a huge problem linked to health problems, poverty and loss of Mexico's traditional culture, among a # of other issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment