Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Exhausted!

I am finally here in Mexico! I arrived yesterday at 3 pm. I feel like I´ve been waiting so long. I was so happy to have my aunt and her family pick me up at their airport and take me home. Right out of the airport the craizness started. Heavy smog, the noise of the horns, yells of the vendors and trash in the streets. All the drivers are crazy. Never in my life will I ever drive in Mexico City!

Last night I came home, gave my family their gifts, ate dinner and went to bed early. This morning we woke up at 7 am to make a trip to the university where I will be studying. It is so beautiful, no pollution, trash or smog! Just beautiful buildings, fresh grass, gardens and plots of veggies and fruits everywhere. I´ll post some picture later when I have more time. The academic director that I had a meeting with did not show up and is gone for the rest of the week. I think this is something I´m going to have to get used to. Finally after talking to a number of administrative people at Chapingo and walking alllllllll over, I got my classes figure out and passed by the house where I will be staying. I´ll be returning on Saturday to move in with a family of professors. I´m so excited to start school, to be here and to be spending so much time with my family but I am so tired and exhausted. The funny thing is that I can tell that when I first wake up or when I am pretty exhausted, it takes a lot more effort to speak Spanish and all I want to do is no talk at all! It´s pretty frustrating but I know with each day it will get better. In my next posts I´ll introduce you to my family but right now I´m going to rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment