Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It's Crunch Time!













I'm saying sorry in advance because I won't be writing in my blog for a little while. My semester ends December 11th and I have to have all my essays and projects done three weeks in advance! I'll be going on an 18 day trip with the Rural Sociology students to northern Mexico and Baja California to visit a number of agriculture projects and observe various tourism and immigration issues. I'm also involved in a environmental and agriculture citizens group as my community service project and I attend weekly meetings and work on different projects including a botanical garden, a composting project, separation of trash, environmental education and small organic gardens. So between finishing all my school work three weeks early and my Rotary commitments, I am verrrryyyy busy.

I just got back from San Sebastian Abasolo, Oaxaca with my roommate Marta for Dia de los Muertos. It was amazing to say the least, I don't think any words could adequatley represent my expierence. While this is true, I will try to fit in a post about this experience sometime soon, maybe when I need a little break from homework. I think you will love reading about all the fun things I did this past weekend in Oaxaca.

Here are a few pictures of the things I've been up to lately-

Top Left Picture: The cemetery in San Sebastian Abasolo, I went with Marta and her family to clean the tombstones of her family and to put candles and flowers on their graves for Dia de los Muertos.

Top Right Picture: Marta and I making cheese from her family's cow. I loved it!

Bottom Left Picture: The Texcoco Rotary Club members and I at the monthly district breakfast. In the background you can see the castle of Chapultapec, in Mexico City.

No comments:

Post a Comment